Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Things I Hate...

Now that I'm a mom I have one more thing to add to the list of things I hate.

1. I hate pumping gas
2. I hate going to the bathroom
3. I hate being told that I look so young
and now......
4. I hate having strangers tell me my baby is crying because she is hungry


And tonight at dinner the lady sitting in the booth next to us hit on both 3 & 4......

Kaylie was a little fussy during our dinner, and after calming her down the lady and her friend said, "Oh, she must have been hungry" I smiled, but thought How do they know.....then she told us how cute our baby is (the only thing I liked about her, her good taste in babies!) she went on to tell us how she has two kids of her own, but can't remember when they were that little. Devin asked how old they are and she responded, "much older than you." That kind of comment always peeks my interest, how old does she think we are...... So being that snot that I am I asked, "How old is that" and she responded 30 & 27....... Devin and I left smiling and asked each other in the car how old that made us.....

I promise not to be that person!!!!

3 comments:

McFarlaneFam said...

Jennie... You make me laugh!! Girl this is just the beginning... This is going to happen all the time.. I still get oh your daughter is cute or whatever and then they go naming how many kids they have that have kids and I just smile and say really... Blah.. Blah.. Sorry it doesnt get much better :)

Deanna Buoniconti said...

Jennie, don't know by now that people are too darn just self-involved! I was reading my friends "Parenting" Mag the other day and they gave come backs to people who say "oh, your kids wants this..." they were so funny! Things like, "yeah, i love pacifiers too! wish she could keep it in all the time so i didn't have hear her" just so they are stunned and don't know what to say!!!

The Mehaffeys said...

Well you must be a pretty easy-going person to only have a list of 4 things that you hate, I mean, there weren't even any names on there. I think most of us could get at least 10 there...