Friday, June 27, 2008

Just Plain Poopy!

Well...if you know me, or you have read my earlier blog postings, you know that I LOVE (adore, fantasize, anticipate, crave....) food. Devin suggested yesterday that we go out to dinner tonight, my choice. So starting the second after his suggestion I began thinking about where I wanted to go. Going over all the meals I love so much, deciding which one I wanted tonight. I had made up my mind, Olive Garden (surprise, surprise!)
On a side note...you would think someone who loved food as much as I do would be more adventuresome in their meal choices and locations. I'm boring, I always get the same thing- unless someone gets something that looks good, then I'll try it the next time (or if it's Devin, I'll try it before he even takes his first bite), but other than that I am pretty predictable in where I like to go and what I order.
On our way to dinner Devin threw out a curve ball and suggested that we go to Elephant Bar. I did not have a good experience the first and only other time I had eaten there but thought I would be flexible (something that is not usually in my character description...but something I am working on) and try it again. After all, it has been 5 years since I've gone back. I will spare you the details and just tell you that dinner tonight was the worst dinning experience WE have EVER had. So bad I came home and had a popcorn dinner. I shouldn't tell you this, but I actually started to cry at the table; I was so disappointed because I had been looking forward to this dinner all day. Devin felt so bad he didn't even finish his dinner (and if you know Devin, he ALWAYS finishes his dinner & mine)....
but then the BEST thing happened..... The baby has not pooped in days (I can't even tell you how many days because it has been so many I forget the last time she pooped). We started to get very concerned today and decided that we needed to intervene and help the pooping process along. Just before we left for dinner we poked her cute little pooper with a thermometer. Want to know something funny (I can't believe I"m sharing this) I thought by doing this, she would instantly start pooping when we removed the thermometer. That somehow sticking something in her pooper would enable poop to flow freely at that very moment. (you can laugh, Devin did!!!) But she saved her pooping for dinner.
While being unsatisfied by my second poorly prepared hamburger our first glimmer of victory began to rumble in my arms- an explosion ensude. She pooped for what seemed like forever. Devin could even hear it across the table- good thing we had already stopped eating the crappy food in front of us (the pun was intended). You would have thought by our reaction to her pooping we had won the lottery or were actually enjoying our dinner & time there. (I never in a million years thought I would or could get so worked up by poop, especially someone elses poop!) ** BTW I'm trying to say poop as much as possible because when else can I say poop? **
Boy were we in for a surprise when we got home & changed her. Devin took her straight from the changing table to the sink for a bath, there were not enough wipes in the house to clean up that mess!!!!
Now I can say I have had one good experience at Elephant Bar instead of two poopy ones!

7 comments:

Chris said...

TMI

The Mehaffeys said...

Oh no, you are officially a mom, separating yourself from the "just marrieds" when you discuss poop. And writing it on a blog? I am actually a little impressed, coming from you.

Kelley said...

Ok. I could've told you to drive right past Elephant Bar! He he he. What you should've done is just change her right on the table at the restaurant. That would REALLY tell them what you thought of your meal. I'm bad.

Deanna Buoniconti said...

Wow Jennie... wow. That's a good story. Hope you shared in class this morning! And thanks for your thoughtful note. =)

McFarlaneFam said...

Funny Story Jennie!! But I have to AGREE I am not fan of that elephant bar either!! YUCK...

Monique said...

Hey Jenny. It was so good to see you the three of you yesterday. I loved your poop story. Classic.
Love,
Monique

Anonymous said...

So we laughed at this one too! You are too funny! But yeah Elephant Bar has never be on our lists either...I went there once and the hamburger was just plain gross! :-)