Saturday, June 21, 2008

"Is there a W in Ball?"

This afternoon I went to CVS to pick up a prescription for my grandma.

The conversation went something like this:
clerk:Hi, can I help you?
me: I am here to pick up a prescription for Betty Ball
clerk: Is there a W in Ball?
me: confused, excuse me?
clerk: Is there a W in Ball?
me: even more confused, Um.....no, there is no W in Ball (Has there ever been a W in Ball?.....wondering why I have no idea what he is talking about)
** now that I think about it, I guess there is a W in bawling or bawl...but at the prescription counter I had no idea where he was going with the W in ball. **
clerk: Here is the prescription, can I have you verify the date of birth?
me: Um....no
clerk: Can you verify the phone number?
me: Um....no
clerk: Can you verify the address?
me: Um....no- wait, I can tell you the phone number (I looked it up in my phone)
I verified the phone number & signed my name for the prescription
.....have you figured out yet that the prescription wasn't for me?.....
clerk: Thank you Ms. Ball, have a great afternoon
me: Thanks, you too!
I left laughing-
I needed a good laugh today!

2 comments:

The Mehaffeys said...

Well, I guess your husband should be happy that you do not think of "ball" being spelled b-a-w-l, which means there must not be a lot of crying around your house (at least by you...devin and kaylie might be another story)

Anonymous said...

I could never figure out why people said that to me when I was young! I know just how you felt!

Aunt Judy