Monday, June 9, 2008

The perfect bite

I don't know what it is about food that causes my love affair with it, but I am always looking for that perfect bite (and it usually is always on Devin's plate).
I often dream about my next meal & what it will be. When I know I am going out to eat I want to know where so I can plan what I will eat in my head and be able to look forward to it......I know I'm not the only one, right Jamie!!!!!
Well today I walked with the 6th graders from Calvary to the center by school for lunch. I had been looking forward to Baja Fresh all weekend. I ordered my chicken nachos as usual but when they came they were missing the salsa. (and what is Baja Fresh without their chunky salsa?) I know there is the outbreak of salmonella with tomatoes right now, but that was messing with the perfect bite. I tried to enjoy the nachos, but they just were not the same & I left unsatisfied.
UPDATE......Today I went back to Baja Fresh & the first question I asked was, "do you have tomatoes?" I was thrilled when they said yes & my nachos looked as they should piled high with Pico de Gallo....I'm sorry I don't have a picture, but trust me it was pretty (if food can be pretty!)

2 comments:

The Mehaffeys said...

Oh how I feel like you took the words right out of my mouth! If anybody doesn't understand what you are saying, I feel quite sad for them that they have not yet achieved the perfect bite.

Deanna Buoniconti said...

I totally agree with you!!! You don't realize how you will miss something like that until you can't have it! And seriously? When will they be back???