Friday, December 19, 2008

Run-In With Rodman!


Kaylie and I went to Fred's in HB with my cousins and a couple of their friends to celebrate my cousin, Mel's, 21st birthday.
Picture This:
A well-known ex-Chicago Bull and rebounding extraordinaire with tattoos and piercings in toe standing next to the bar nonchalantly watching his children. His young daughter, 7 years old at best, was dancing seductively ON TOP of the pool table while his son, maybe 12, was dancing wildly around the whole place. Clearly enjoying more than just life!

While we were waiting for our table, Dennis Rodman came over to us and started to talk to me. He made very little sense. Fred's has a spinner near the entrance that has funny things to either sing, do, or act out. Dennis picked it up, handed it to me and told me to spin it. I spun and it landed between two choices ('Sing The Hokey Pokey' and 'fake an orgasm'......WHY ME?) I quickly said, "Sing The Hokey Pokey". I really didn't want to sing- good thing his children came running over, I quickly took that opportunity to tell his daughter that she should sing the hokey pokey, I saw her dancing on the pool table, I knew she could do it. The kids started to spin the wheel & Dennis patted Kaylie on the head and said that she should do the hokey pokey..... I started to make the hand motions with her right hand putting it out and looking up at our server, my eyes begging for help. The guy understood my message and took us to our table. While we were at the table waiting for the birthday girl to arrive, Dennis continued to wave at me from across the restaurant. I ignored him....but that didn't stop him. He took off his shirt, put it on his daughter, then she took hers off and Dennis put it on. Both kids got inside Dennis' shirt and all three danced/ran around the place..... Finally they decided to leave, but never changed back to their own clothing.



This is a great reason to say no to drugs!

4 comments:

shameeron said...

I guess he didn't know what to do with someone who didn't fall for his celebrity status. I can see why he kept trying to get your attention, you are beautiful and have the Holy Spirit. We should pray for his kids. I do like that restaurant though.

ayates said...

so sad. I agree with Shameeron. We need to pray for him and his children.

Anonymous said...

what no pictures?

did you get his number?

Anonymous said...

umm... trying to come up with something witty to say but this is just too sad. I agree, PRAY for them all!