Sunday, December 7, 2008

Cookie Party


Have you ever been invited to a cookie party? I hadn't until this month. When I got the invite I thought it sounded like fun and I agreeded to go. THEN, I got the rules. These parties are intense and I quickly began to wonder what I was getting myself into....
Let me share a few of my favorite rules with you....
1. All cookies must be homemade, baked and the main ingredient must be flour. No "no-bake" cookies, brownies or bars
2. Bring a total of 6 dozen cookies
3. No chocolate chip cookies allowed
6. If you don't have time to bake, or have ruined your recipe, but still want to attend, you must go to a REAL bakery and buy 6 dozen really yummy cookies.
** Don't tell anyone, but I didn't exactly follow all the rules!!!
....YIKES!!! And to top it all off, my parents invited us to the USC/UCLA game the day before the cookie party, so when would I have time to do all this baking? Devin agreed to help me after the game & my cousins were over watching Kaylie so I tricked them into staying and helping too. Devin's friend Aaron wanted to hang out with Devin so he agreeded to come over and help. It took 5 people & 3 hours to make 90 cookies....

Please shoot me if I ever agree to go to another one of these parties.....
And P.S. if you want a cookie, come on over, I have 6 dozen assorted cookies for sharing!!!
I am pretty happy with how my cookies turned out & am SO thankful for my helpers....here are some of the final products.



5 comments:

Chris said...

Of course it took hours to make decorated shape cookies--the trick is to take "drop" coookies where you just mix up the batter and drop teaspoonfuls on the tray and bake! Your cookies were probably the hit of the party and took the most man-cousin-woman hours!

shameeron said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
shameeron said...

Nice job Jennie, I hope you saved some undecorated ones for the class party! I have been to cookie parties, but never had so many rules. I think the variety of cookies that we traded for was better without the rules. People are very creative. (Not me, i usually brought fudge which wouldn't qualify for the party you went to.) Glad you had fun though.

Deanna Buoniconti said...

those look good!!! we missed you in class today. your christmas card/pictures are so cute! love them!

Kelley said...

Are you mocking my cookie exchange? ;) I'm with your mom...drop cookies all the way! Now you need to post to tell everyone the work was well worth it!!!! Oh, and tell everyone your cookies won first place!!!