Friday, July 11, 2008

Doctor Visit- 3 month check up

While at our most recent doctor visit I was asked a number of questions while the doctor was typing my answers in the computer. The conversation went something like this:
Dr: "Does the baby read?"
Me: "Um.....no, she can't read. "
** This is when the Dr. started typing in her computer "Baby doesn't read"
Me cont': "I read books to her, but she can't read yet."
Dr: Stops typing, looks up and says "You do?....every day?"
Me: "Yes, I try to read to her everyday"
** Dr. erases what she previously typed in the computer and types "mom reads to baby daily."
Devin: VERY CONFUSED asks, "do most babies her age read?"
Dr: "I guess I didn't phrase my question very well....I meant to ask if you were reading to her."
Devin: "Good, I thought our baby was missing something!"

Have you ever known a 3 month old to read?....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought that this was going to be a joke or something. How funny is that?! Maybe given your profession the doctor thought Kaylie SHOULD be reading. Either way I am glad it was clarified.
;)

Anonymous said...

your baby may not read English, but it seems like your doctor can't speak English.....that makes Kaylie and him about even!....Dad

Kelley said...

What? I didn't tell you that she read an entire Clifford book to me when you left the room the other night. Duh.

Linda Vujnov said...

As long as she is reading by junior high, I think your okay.